All Canadian writers of established literary reputation in fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction or drama are encouraged to apply. The writer-in-residence receives CAD $25,000 !!! for the three-month residency. The Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence program is a full-time, three-month residency for Canadian writers. The writer-in-residence resides in Lucinda House, a century home close to Laurier’s Waterloo campus, and splits his or her time between writing and community programming at the university’s various campuses.
The full-time position (40 hours/week) requires 40% of the author’s time to be spent on community programs or projects, leaving 60% of the work-week available for the writer’s own creative projects. Community programs and projects include reading manuscripts and consulting with students and the public, visiting classrooms, giving readings and lectures, leading workshops, or participating in similar community programming, on Laurier’s three campuses.
Who Should Apply?
All Canadian writers of established literary reputation in fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, or drama are encouraged to apply. The following criteria are required:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Established literary reputation with critically well-received work.
- Professional teaching or public speaking experience.
- Willing to engage with the public one-on-one and in group settings.
- Active participant in the writing community.
- In the midst of a new writing project intended for book-length publication.
The Following Criteria are Considered Assets:
- Experience in working with youth;
- Experience in working with the public and with beginning writers.
If you would like to get more support in all things publishing, have your book intensively promoted and learn how to navigate social media sites – or to learn how you can make yourself a name as an author through content writing: We offer all this and more for only $179 for three months – or less than $2 per day! Learn more about this customized Online Seminar / Consulting for writers: http://www.111Publishing.com/Seminars
Please check out all previous posts of this blog (there are more than 1,050 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Thanks a lot for following:
http://bit.ly/VmtVAS 111Publishing @ Google+
Tagged: apply for writers residency, Canadian writers, Edna Staebler, Grant, Laurier University, Waterloo, Writer in Residence