Kindle Countdown Deals are limited time discounts on Kindle eBooks. A note about the pending price increase tells customers the regular price and the promotional price on the book’s detail page, as well as a countdown clock telling them how much time is left at the promotional price. This Amazon feature is more like a sale that gives authors and publishers another way to push through sales of a Kindle exclusive book. They set incremental pricing which will change at decided intervals.
Kindle Countdown Deals is a new KDP Select benefit that allows authors to run limited-time discount promotions on their books, which can help earn more royalties and reach more readers.
Customers can see the regular price and the promotional price on the book’s detail page, as well as a countdown clock telling them how much time is left at the promotional price. You will also continue to earn your selected royalty rate on each sale during the promotion.
Actually it is not a countdown, but rather a count-up, as the book price starts very low and then goes up to its original price. See an example of a Kindle Countdown Deal:
Amazon explains the benefits of Kindle Countdown Deals:
- They’re time-based: Not only does this give you more control to decide how long the book is discounted, but the time remaining for the promotion is visible to customers to increase excitement for the price discount.
- Customers see the regular price: It’s easy for customers to see the great deal they’re getting, as the regular price is included on the book’s detail page, right beside the promotional price.
- Royalty rate is retained at lower prices: You will earn royalties based on your regular royalty rate and the promotional price. As a result, if you are using the 70% royalty option, you’ll earn 70% even if the price is below $2.99.
- There’s a dedicated website: Customers can easily browse active; Kindle Countdown Deals at www.amazon.com/kindlecountdowndeals, providing yet another way for books to be discovered.
- You can monitor performance in real-time: A new KDP report displays sales and royalties at each price discount side-by-side with pre-promotion performance, so it’s easy to compare.
During each promotional day, your book’s detail page will display a counter announcing the promotion, the current price, the time remaining until the price changes, and the next price. If your book, for example, has a list price of $4.99, and you start a promotion on Monday at 8 A.M. your time, with a starting price of $1.99. You set three price increments to run 24 hours each. To me this new way of building excitement about your book seems to make more sense than the FREE KDP DAYS. What do YOU think?
If you would like to get help in all things publishing, have your book intensively promoted and learn how to navigate social media sites: We offer all this and more for only $159 for 3 months! Learn more about this individual book marketing help: http://www.111Publishing.com/Seminars
Or visit http://www.e-book-pr.com/book-promo/ to advertise your new book, specials or your KDP Select Free Days.
Please check out all previous posts of this blog (there are more than 940 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Thanks a lot for following:
http://bit.ly/VmtVAS 111Publishing @ Google+
Tagged: Amazon Kindle, Book Marketing, how can I market my self-published book, how do countdown deals work, How to Market a Book, Kindle Countdown Deals, new KDP Select benefit, promotional price