In a recent blog post on SavvyBookWriters.com/blog I explained the possibility to connect all your Social Media accounts. The task was to post / tweet more – in case you need this for a campaign to go viral. Saving time on Social Media, allows you to interact more with your followers and readers. But it also show them where else they can connect with you.
This is How it Works Step for Step:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and on the upper left go to your Connections page and click on “Keep in Touch”
- Once you are on the page, click in the upper right on the gear-icon
- When the Connection page appears, click on Export LinkedIn Connections in the “Advanced Settings” part in the right column
- A new page opens with a button: Microsoft Outlook (.csv file)
- Underneath you can see EXPORT, click this which prompts the download
- Open the .csv file and you will get an Excel Spreadsheet on your computer screen with all the names and email addresses of your LinkedIn connections
- Select all the email addresses in the E-mail Address column and copy them to your clipboard / notepad.
Hundreds of LinkedIn Connections?
Circloscope.com is the only tool that allows you to find Google+ users from your long list of email addresses and to transfer them in bulk.
Now you have to decide if you want to transfer your LinkedIn followers by hand into your Google+ circles or if you want to transfer them with one click (paid version of Circloscope.com = $47 for one year). If you have hundreds of followers to transfer, you might choose this small one-time expense to save lots of time.
- 1. Go to the Dashboard function, scroll down to the function “Profiles”, and from there to Email or Google ID’s
- Paste the long list with all your LinkedIn email addresses into the field that opens up
- Click the OK button and after a moment or two you should see your LinkedIn followers
- Filter the ones you are already following on Google+ in the “Filter” menu item at the top of Circloscope.com
- On the resulting popup window click the “Circled?” and then click the “Apply Filters” button
- Add the remaining people to your new or existing Google+ circles: Click on “Select All” on top of the page
- Click on “Action” on top of the page and choose the function “Add profiles to circles” and OK
Should your LinkedIn account be relatively new with only a dozen followers, you can implement them one by one. Just copy every email address from your clipboard or notepad into the search function on top of your Google+ page, where it says: Search for people, pages or posts. Google+ will open up their profile pages, if they are a Google+ member, and you just need to click “add”
If you want your LinkedIn connections to follow you back on Google+ too, you can send them a brief note (in one shot to the entire circle!) saying hello and letting them know you are now following them on Google+ because you are already connected on LinkedIn. To do this, use the function “Also send emails from you to Your circles” at the lower end of each post, next to the SEND button. Just mark it, before you send your note. No one will know that you just sent out hundreds of emails.
Our WordPress blog http://savvybookwriters.wordpress.com/ has moved to our web domain here at http://www.savvybookwriters.com/blog. As we cannot transfer thousands of subscribers we will re-blog for a while. If you want to get these valuable tips in the future, please sign up when the pop-up window shows up after 10 seconds, to make sure you won’t miss any articles in the future. THANKS