20K for 100 Words? Yes! The V International Flash Fiction Competition has such a generous prize on offer – US$20,000 for 100 words – the contest is extremely competitive. And there is no entry fee. The former Museum of Words contest attracted recently 35,609 entries from writers in 149 countries.
The 5th Edition of the International Prize for Micro-Stories is organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation. The Cesar Egido Serrano Foundation is based in Spain and is a private, not-for-profit foundation. The foundation’s aim is to encourage dialogue between different cultures, ideas, religions, and sensibilities.
Entries for the Museum of Words flash fiction contest are open until Thursday, November 23, 2017. Entries must be submitted via an online form.
Keeping in mind the Foundation´s ethos, which is that the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions, and ideologies, the V Edition of competition is open, under the motto: The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions”. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- Writers from anywhere in the world may participate.
- The contest rules limit the number of entries per writer to two.
- Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
- An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
- Three prizes of $ 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
- The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation.
- The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc…) and must not have been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
- The deadline for submission of originals will end on November 23rd, 2017.
- The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
- The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
- The decision of the jury will be final.
- The registration in this contest is an agreement in the total acceptance of its rules.
Good luck to all writers who participate!Social tagging: 000 for 100 words > César Egido Serrano Foundation > Flash Fiction > International Prize for Micro-Stories > Museum of Words > US$20 > Writing Contest